• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Interesting Kingmax info...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

MadMan007

Magical Leopluridon Senior
Check the review here and in the pic at the bottom of the page you will see something interesting. The fellow lays out the PC2400 and PC2700 side-by-side and you can easily see the difference in PCB layout. This should help you make sure that you have "real" 333MHz sticks.

Also interesting is the fact that the PC2400 chips have the "-06" marking, which is what I first received when I ordered my Kingmax b4 exchanging it. My PCB had the PC2700 layout, but the chips had the "-06" marking. The Kingmax stickers said DDR333 and MPM, but who knows? Odd...

On a side note, I am personally still not convinced that the "-05" is 5ns because Kingmax never says it is, just all the resellers do. So who is telling the truth?

The chips are made by different manufacturers and repackaged by Actram also known as Tonicom who specialize in refurbishing ICs.

I'm using Kingmax PC2400 DDR running it at 155fbs at best timing have have no problem and on my older pc I have pc150 SDRAM running at 150fbs in both cases I'm using 2 stick. I love my memory. Note, run it at spec. voltage settings it does not like extra voltage and might give you problems when over clocking.

Hi

I checked that review, but read it a bit in a diferant way then you did Madman... :burn:
If you look at the layout it is diferant, but if you had one of the -06 chips like me you would not be concentrating on the layout, you would be zooming in on the chips themselves... AND the chips on the 2400 are the same as I have on my 2700 with -06 at the end!! :rolleyes:

So how did the Kingmax 333ddr preform for you? I am asking because in the next day or 2 I am ordering a XP 1800+, Abit KR7A-133R, and am thinking about the Kingmax 333ddr memory. What is nice is I can get it all from the same place, googlegear, but I would like to see some reports before I order.

I do not push my ram to the limit, and run 2 - 256 sticks, so all I can tell you is that on an 1800MP at 1710 mhz at fsb171 cas 2-2-2 but only command rate 1-T or a kr7a at 1.75volts ddr and 1.85 cpu. Mild scores 2448/2231, so not bad and is stable. I have seen much higher scores for this ram as well. Kommax has a note on their site now that they guaranty only the -05 parts.

Back