• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG TOXIC CHROME (modded Corsair 250D)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Here's another update on this build! Most of the fittings and cables are now in and it's ready for tubing up! Just wanted to give you guys a quick look inside before tubing up.

IFRpfbs.jpg

That chrome colored fittings is the only straight rotary fittings that I had. Once the front radiator is in that fittings is not seen.

qYtU8j9.jpg

You can also see the LED strips are in, these are UV LEDs from Icemodz.

Txv5ifF.jpg

1Gx5pOF.jpg

5Rt1XhD.jpg

ODcLpuO.jpg

Not sure if you notice but I bent a piece of acrylic around the 80mm fans and also around the 140mm fan, thought it cleans things up a bit.

5lhiAG9.jpg

b9WLl4o.jpg

hHPAwME.jpg

8lxTyRx.jpg

1tOWldp.jpg

WbyptEa.jpg

VWqEG03.jpg

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys!

Here it is, tubing all done! The hard tubing used is 1/2" Primochill PETG. First time I've used PETG tubing over acrylic and it's awesome!

So easy to use, heats up and bends much quicker and then can just cut the ends of with a tube cutter :)

Let me know what you think of the bends, tried to keep tubing to a minimum.

QRKhQbM.jpg

vjhdsDt.jpg

eIsKOSO.jpg

2yZO9Gr.jpg

qXAab8P.jpg

So tight for the 24pin!

gmVyLXg.jpg

Pretty much leaning on the fan. Lucky it's on the back of it so, it's still able to spin.

0L0FFk5.jpg

Thanks for checking it out! I should have final pics up in a few days, will get it filled and install Win 10 on it. Will be my first PC with Win 10 on it.

Cheers,

Alex

I love it Alex! The tubing looks good considering the size of this spacious case LOL. I was wondering if you'd even be able to manage it. Glad to see it worked out. That's allot of rad for such s small package.

Questions:

The tubing coming out of the pump, is that a different size than the rest? It looks a little smaller but is probably just the angle of the shot.

I haven't used the rigid tubing yet, but I understand filling and draining can be quite a task. How do you fill/drain this set-up?

Do you think you'll add a fan guard near the 24 pin plug? I'd be concerned about it stopping the fan after moving the case around a few times.

Awesome job. I love the color scheme and as usual great aesthetics.

Looks sick Alex!

Thanks mate :D

I love it Alex! The tubing looks good considering the size of this spacious case LOL. I was wondering if you'd even be able to manage it. Glad to see it worked out. That's allot of rad for such s small package.

Questions:

The tubing coming out of the pump, is that a different size than the rest? It looks a little smaller but is probably just the angle of the shot.

I haven't used the rigid tubing yet, but I understand filling and draining can be quite a task. How do you fill/drain this set-up?

Do you think you'll add a fan guard near the 24 pin plug? I'd be concerned about it stopping the fan after moving the case around a few times.

Awesome job. I love the color scheme and as usual great aesthetics.

Thanks a lot mate :D

The tubing from the pump is the same :)

Filling it is quite easy, same as any other system. I usually use a syringe and a small tube going in the reservoir and fill that way. To drain it I do the same, take everything I can from the reservoir then flip the case to make more fluid come in the res. Do this until you can start taking out parts of the build :). If it would be a larger system I would have done a proper draining system somewhere.

The 24 pin is all good like that, it rests on the back of the fan motor and on the 4 bars behind the fan, there is still about a cm or 2 before it could reach the actual spinning blade so will be all good like that, even when moving the build :)

Oh yeah! :D That looks amazing Alex :drool:

Thanks a lot mate :D

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Here it is, last update! The build is finally finished!

Hope you've enjoyed this build logs and like the finished build!

I would like to say thanks again to all my sponsors for this project! Primochill for the awesome fittings and PETG tubing, MNPCTECH for all the modding supplies that came in very handy and of course Icemodz for the custom sleeved cables and LED strips, without them all the neat cable management would not have been possible! Also thanks to GGF Lan Party for kindly donating the Corsair 250D case :)

The coolant used is Mayhems X1 Clear UV Blue, love the effect it gives, completely clear under normal light and blue under UV!

St63acM.jpg

BAkFTSh.jpg

6pYipi7.jpg

NP8w5BN.jpg

tnWHins.jpg

K2pYRSP.jpg

9Te6tN2.jpg

SYHCLCY.jpg

tIBcHVz.jpg

oDmlhP0.jpg

D6DSPHw.jpg

J771n0t.jpg

cCpA9Wk.jpg

Ib8bHV8.jpg

bEaW7w6.jpg

a3Wtc5I.jpg

7vST8FH.jpg

8loo46i.jpg

5QKiZ80.jpg

CkMwk4y.jpg

m3yr01a.jpg

TAqZtUl.jpg

EruINu0.jpg

UqipG7S.jpg

Hope you guys like the UV effect and if anyone is wondering about the red light, it's from the motherboard and can be turned off in the bios. I took these pics before hooking it up to a monitor and tinkering with it.

Time to start a new project for the Thermaltake CaseMOD Invitaional Season 2, hope to see you all there and here is a sneak peak!

Z9v1Jju.jpg

Thanks for checking out my build log!

Cheers,

Alex

Last edited:
Great job Alex, post a link to the new thread in this one so we're sure not to miss it!

Back