• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PROJECT LOG TOXIC CHROME (modded Corsair 250D)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

Sorry for the lack of updates on the build. I have been very busy moving houses over the last few weeks.

All done now but no internet at home yet, so posting update from work. Should have a lot more room and time to work on builds from now on and will hopefully wrap this build log up soon but I'm still waiting on custom cables to arrive.

Here are the finished grills/covers I made for the fans.

etCHa3e.jpg

nRfiXI7.jpg

NBYPd23.jpg

uA4Mzjl.jpg

7CsayJu.jpg

Stay tuned for more.

Cheers,

Alex

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

More work in progress! Found a nice spot for The Mod Zoo monkey badge and it looks pretty nice in there.

Just a few things to fix up and start working on some cable management for the fans and LEDs. Once the sleeved cables arrive and I can get everything in and start tubing up finally!

FaHB9mN.jpg

0ekwa2K.jpg

UP1jDwB.jpg

6GLhw9N.jpg

wb33xAA.jpg

ciCCZYk.jpg

The two mounting holes for the 80mm fan grill don't really match unfortunately so will need to fix that :)

RgAQMoE.jpg

T3cAhM9.jpg

And here's a better look at the finished front panel.

bva7Xp3.jpg

jjFRtz1.jpg

wXndAIm.jpg

BBMQ9x0.jpg

Stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

YV2iYvL.jpg

Thanks to Primochill for sending me a set of their awesome fittings to use in the build!

hQl73l4.jpg

HdLCYgs.jpg

HvpiZKh.jpg

e9PElyc.jpg

IHjIBOP.jpg

XeeXL8G.jpg

5PDCwQV.jpg

Most of the final pieces for this build are here now. Stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

Yea definitely rigid :D those are rigid tube fittings too :D

Don't think I will ever go back to soft tubing :p

AWWW YEAH! :thup: :clap:

I love rigid tubing!
I'd use it too, but I hardly have time to go and buy plexiglass to finish my own darn case :(

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys,

I have some more fittings to show, this time some extensions. Thanks a lot to Hugh from mydiy.com.au for helping out with these Barrow fittings. You can check out his eBay store HERE with some good prices on fittings.

a5qOWkq.jpg

fwI4RmF.jpg

ImvAMfK.jpg

ofytsMw.jpg

41JgR7r.jpg

wx1ltoi.jpg

Xxeids1.jpg

QWKz4SF.jpg

tGxbQ5F.jpg

TMg27F5.jpg

0frFWMy.jpg

vFJoltd.jpg

Not sure if I will use all of them yet but they will definitely come in handy for all the small tight corners in this build. I also need some spots to be really strong so just tubing won't do. Will make sure to show once ready.

Thanks for checking it out.

Cheers,

Alex

Alex man I love the fittings but you're killing me with anticipation bro. Stop teasing. LMAO

YV2iYvL.jpg

Hey guys!

Here are the awesome cables from Icemodz! Thanks a lot to Mundi for making and sending me this kit. It's made from nice flexible paracord sleeve and should fit nicely in the system. Make sure to check out the icemodz.com website for all your custom cable and LED needs.

FVRG1EC.jpg

GxVMGoU.jpg

zT3apuP.jpg

h83caWe.jpg

XUMmnzF.jpg

YQGzbus.jpg

AACEV8l.jpg

KvmOku5.jpg

bk4maDk.jpg

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex