• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Nothing but problems with Ninja Mini

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ps2cho

Ever since day one I have had terrible temperatures on this thing. I've reseated 10 times, lapped it and it still sucks.

Ambient temp in my room = 85F.
CPU idle @ 1000MHz 0.84v BE-2300 35W Processor 51c.

Does this seem normal for a ninja mini? I mean this processor has cool and quiet enabled and is undervolted...Heck, my Q6600 @ 3.6GHz idles at 51c on my TRUE and its pushing 1.5v through it.

Any ideas?

Ya I would say that you have an issue there.....
if you have your cpu under volt-ed and under clocked you should be much much cooler.

with my "little" Arctic Cooling Freezer 64pro on my over clocked over volt-ed Opteron 165 I only hit 51° running "Core Damage" forcing my CPU to heat up.
And my CPU it putting out close to 140 watts....

My entire rig according to Kill-A-Watt is 106W @ idle. That is with 6 drives and a HD 4550

I just booted up my other X2 3600+ rig which is basically the same processor, but is 45W instead of 35W and is 1.3v. It has the STOCK AMD heatsink and it was idling at 43c....There is no way that a Ninja Mini could be outbeaten by a stock AMD heatsink....AND the processor is almost 0.5v LESS than the other one.

I understand I got a high ambient....but nevertheless, the ninja mini should beat the stock AMD no problems.

Not quite sure what to do :confused: I mean I've lapped it. What else is there?

What kind of fan do you have on the ninja? It is possible that you got a lemon... to bad you lapped it or you could have returned or exchanged it.

I have noticed that many of the AMD stock heat sinks are no slouches. (not high-end but do the job well at stock speeds)

I'm gonna remove it (its been on there a good 4 months now) and see what the paste looks like. If it is even, then I gotta have a lemon. I hope I'll see some signs that I will need to lap it again.

Back