• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Homegroups. Anyone using them?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I use a Homesystem in my house. Only my desktop and girlfriends laptop on it, but we can just drag/drop files from each other computers and it allows her to use the printer plugged into my computer without her having any drivers. Really liking it so far. Took all of 15 seconds if that to set up.

No I don't want the extra hassle. I like my LAN the way it's been from XP or Vista.

I've been playing with homegroups this morning. It seems like homegroups are really just a method for non computer savy people to get the same functionality that XP/Vista had. I do like the simplicity of setting up the printer sharing though.

I'm looking into setting up the Libraries feature right now. It may be an indepent feature from how you set up your networking. I do think this is going to be an improvement over how I did file sharing in Vista. Having libraries wrap all the different locations I store pictures into one view that I or my wife's user account can see from either of our two computers will be a nice upgrade.

Back