• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Green Fans

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Haggenator

Registered
Looked everywhere but does anybody know where I can get high powered green LED fans. Im talkin high powered. Like at least 2000 rpm, even 3000 rpm is better. higher is better. Noise isnt a issue.

Or inless anybody else has any ideas? Basically I need fast and green

Thanks.

I really can't go by RPM alone and suggest a fan for you. Plus your not saying what size. I do sympathize with an issue finding green fans.
Not all fans are created equal. Plus some fan are low speed and push a lot of air versus blade speed. Some spin like crazy and have no butt behind the spin. I would take a low speed fan with oodles of static pressure. Over a fan that spins like crazy and no air is really being pushed.
Check out this store. I like this store for the good service and the odd products they carry. Plus the quality of the work they do.
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index

If your crafty. You could also insert your own LED's into a clear fan body. Thats if your able to, with tools and such. It is not hard to work with LEDs. Would open up a lot of doors for you in terms of fan selection.

If you don't know much about fans. I am more than happy to discuss fans with you. As is a lot of members here. Everyone starts someplace. So if you are not hip on fans. Chime in, we won't razz you for not knowing. Least not much. :D

I am willing to help hunt out fans in stores I know of. I done a green fan hunt before and understand. Just it would help to know what your gonna be using them for and the size your after. If you don't know what size. I am glad to help you understand what sizes and all.

Last edited:
Sorry cant believe I forgot that. 120mm fans size. They are going to be used for a radiator. I need to get the most performance out of that. So I could get the Black Ice GTX 480 radiator. It works better the higher fans you have. And like I said noise is not an issue. This things beats tfc fesser rad once you get past the 1600rpm line so the higher I could go the better. And I dont have the tools or skill to solder. . . maybe down the road though.

I understand about not soldering. Though it does open up a lot of opportunities geeking your rig.

Some fans I used in the past that were green. Was a brand called AC Ryan. Not sure if you can get them anymore. I had the UV fans. Had a green body and UV reactive blades that were sort of UV color.
I noticed this site still sells the Blackfire line of AC Ryan fans. They are not all that great, but should have enough pressure for a rad.
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=69&products_id=1365

Check out this link. See if any product works for ya. :D
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=69

Just one last thing. To help me out. Does the whole fan have to be green? Or can parts of it be green?

On a note for them AC Ryan Blackfire. One cool thing about them. Is they have to tails on them. One for the LED and one for the fan itself. Which is sort of cool. I have had the brand for a number of years now and they seem to run still. I do not like the sound they make. They have a weird signature to how they operate. Ok fans otherwise. And they look good.

Last edited:
Was there anything that is close in looks? Out of three pages. It is a pretty good representation of what is out there for green fans.

If you could link a fan that is close, then point out the good and bad your looking at. It can help me go deeper in the green fan hunt.

The fan you linked to is one of the same fans on the site I linked. To boot it is cheaper and that site sleeves and heatshrinks all it's fans. They will ship to OZ :D

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=69&products_id=25752

http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=9_215&products_id=11127

That CoolerMaster fan is worth looking at with 90 cfm.
Coolermaster makes a decently quiet and long lasting fan. 19dba is a bonus.

Im not too picky on fans . . . just a lot of air and green :)

Ya that looks like a good one. 2000rpm is the minimum speed im looking at. Plus I do not trust those specifications really. If I went with that I may as well go with a TFC or SR1 radiator. I really appreciate the help!

CoolerMaster is not too bad on exaggerated specs. The fans I have by them are pretty good. Not much pressure, but the sound is ok and not harsh.

I have one purple LED fan. By that brand. It is something like 4 years old now. One LED is burnt out, but the fan functions ok. It is pretty quiet, but not like they say in the specs. When I dial it down via a controller. It is actually silent.
The other fans I have by them. Are pretty quiet and blow an ok amount of air. Good case fans, but not enough pressure me thinks for a heatsink or rad.

My AC Ryan fans have a bit of pressure. Enough for either case cooling or heatsink. Loud as heck though and have an odd signature to them. They make up for it by looking nice. They work great on a controller. One of the few LED fans that do well when you use controllers. But this really does not apply to your needs. Figured I would toss it in though.

Here is an old pic of me using them AC Ryan fans. It is on a XP90 heatsink. Which thrived with high pressure fans.
The front fan is a 120MM. I had the Green and Blue. They have all green also. They are sweet looking fans. In the dark, they look really nice.
SideDone1.jpg

Last edited:
those cooler master looks like r4's... I'm using 4x120mm on my antec 900 (replaced all blues with reds) and its a little loud but pushes a lot of air, like pushing the tri-cool (my original case fans) to like medium/high speed... but if sound isn't an issue, they look nice :)

Back