• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

cpu compatibility

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chaos

Can I use an Athlon II X4 in my MSI DKA790gx mobo?? It's mot listed on the cpu compatility tab with this mobo..Just rdered one and I'll be peeed off if I can't use it...Guess I could put it in my HTPC......

You can always try it. I have run one in 2 Biostar 790GX AM2+ boards and it was fine (even without bios update). It is only a suggestion as there is the very remote outside highly improbable darn near impossible chance that you could cause damage.

I would stick it in as is and see what happens.

Can I use an Athlon II X4 in my MSI DKA790gx mobo?? It's mot listed on the cpu compatility tab with this mobo..Just rdered one and I'll be peeed off if I can't use it...Guess I could put it in my HTPC......
I would say as long as the CPU wattage is covered then it'll work, though I'd make sure I was running the latest BIOS before trying it ...

Back