• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wireless Internet

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Haggenator

Registered
Okay I know this is not really the best place for this but I trust the ocforum community. Here is my question

I have a wireless router. With wireless g,n. Its a D-link.

I just got a new wonderful 46-inch Samsung LED with a blu-ray player. So those and the xbox 360 all needing internet access. (3 total) (and in the future a computer) All these things in the living room. What is the best way to get those connected to the router. Which is in my office. I would just set up a switch in the living room and connect the switch to the router but there is no way of getting a wire from the office to the living room. Wireless seems to by my only option. Does anybody have any suggestions? Or a product they know that would work?

Please let me know if you need any more information.

you could just get a second wireless router? would seem the best for your situation?

IE: buy a second wireless router and just put it into "Bridging mode"

Last edited:
with some of the older linksys models you can do a 3rd party firmware upgrade and unlock a ton of extra potential with bridging etc.. firmware like tomato works rather well.. but as Flurp said.. almost any router can be setup to be a bridge.

Also, I think alot of TVs like that can have a USB network connector used, but im not sure if you can use any old usb one or it has to be "their" model etc. That would help with the TV, and xbox has wireless adapters as well.. though it might be cheaper to try to bridge the 2 routers together and put that around the tv/xbox and hardline them in

Back