• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

idk what it would be called

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kevlar93

I am looking for a program that will allow clicking in a program even if you are not working in that program. Say you have a program up and want to change something but you have wmp up and the 1st program has that pale blue bar at the top as opposed to the normal blue when you are using it. I read about this once but idk where. Does this make sense?

Can you describe a little more clearly what are you are trying to do?

You have 2 or more different open applications and you want mouse clicks directed into a program which currently does not have focus correct?
Are the windows on top of each other, with the one in the foreground partially transparent and you want to be able to click through it into the underneath program?
Or are the programs side by side and you want clicks that are outside of the program in question to have some meaning inside the program in question?
Or some other scenario I didn't describe?

I think your looking for an "auto clicker". There's tons out there, many free, but the only one that I found that can do what it does in a non focused window while continuing to let you use another window was the one below.

Looks like a free to download but $5 to use program, looks like it does what you want though.

http://download.cnet.com/AutoClicker/3000-18487_4-32186.html

From summary:

Easy to use automatic mouse click program. This version adds the "return" feature that returns your mouse to it's position right after it clicks on the spot that you have specified, and in the time increment you have specified down to the second. this turns this automated click program from a "set and leave" the comp program, to one that allows you to continue working normally on your computer while this program continues to click on another window and do it's work for you. features include options to right click instead of left click, double click or single, number of clicks to make before stopping, and to click back on the original spot where the cursor was before tha automated click. this returns focus to the window you were working on previously.
Shareware version is limited to 50 consecutive clicks, full version removes this limitation, and allows you to submit suggestions and comments on improving the product. planned updates include "macro" function to make multiple clicks in different areas in sequence, as well as different levels of scheduling.

Can you describe a little more clearly what are you are trying to do?

You have 2 or more different open applications and you want mouse clicks directed into a program which currently does not have focus correct?
Are the windows on top of each other, with the one in the foreground partially transparent and you want to be able to click through it into the underneath program?
Or are the programs side by side and you want clicks that are outside of the program in question to have some meaning inside the program in question?
Or some other scenario I didn't describe?

I ran into this running sound at my church. We had a movie that was gonna be playing and that was open in a small window in wmp. Behind that maximized was another program which had all the slides etc. we needed to hit something on the ppt program which xp is not focused on. but when we do that the wmp minimizes and we have to open it up and drag it over to the next screen to play over the projector again. It would save time if there was a program that would allow us to click on the ppt program without minimizing wmp.

Back