• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

really really quick question, yes or no

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CURTO

ok guys is this a cpuz glitch or not
how come it always seems to tell me my qpi link is a frequency exactly +2 on the multiplier than what its actually set at?
for example ive got mine on 16x at 2800mhz but cpuz reckons its at 3150mhz, which is 18x
glitch?

EDIT: this is for an i7 if you didnt notice lol

you have the latest version of CPUZ yes? beta or non-beta?

this is the first time i have heard of that happening... though i have read around the forums that much do to lack of time.. i have never had this problem with cpuz on my i7 860 on 3 different motherboards or my i7 920 rig.

I take it you are running a 175 bclk?

Did you check the uncore multiplier to ensure its at 16x? Just because you run a 8 RAM divider doesnt mean that its at a 16x uncore. You can make the uncore higher.

Is turbo mode on? Personally, I don't know the i7 too well, since I haven't worked with it, but if I read right, turbo mode bumps the multi when loaded to run faster.

lol you serious?
its not a glitch? another bloody phenomena with my comp haha
ok well ive got 3.6ghz atm and ive got uhh 20 x 180
8 on the ram and 16x on the uncore
and like yea the other multiplier thing (forgot its name) is on the 36x one as it should be
but yea 16 x 180 is 2.88ghz but apparently in cpuz its 3.24ghz which is 180 x 18
and cpuz shows the north bridge speed at 16 x 180 (2.88ghz)
far out how does this bloody work

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 67
That looks absolutely right to me

8x mem multi = 16 (x2) uncore multi = 18 (x2) QPI multi.

double mem for uncore 8:9 ratio for QPI.

I do not know if any X58 board can drop it below 18x multi on the QPI anyway. Pretty sure that 4800 GT/s (18x) is the lowerst you can go.

Sounds more like it is your mobo manufacturer mislabelling things if you are not just mistaken.

CPUz has it right
northbridge = uncore
QPI Link = QPI link :)

That looks absolutely right to me

8x mem multi = 16 (x2) uncore multi = 18 (x2) QPI multi.

double mem for uncore 8:9 ratio for QPI.

I do not know if any X58 board can drop it below 18x multi on the QPI anyway. Pretty sure that 4800 GT/s (18x) is the lowerst you can go.

Sounds more like it is your mobo manufacturer mislabelling things if you are not just mistaken.

CPUz has it right
northbridge = uncore
QPI Link = QPI link :)

ok sweet as, so the qpi link is always at 18x the bus speed?

not to be mean here, you first post wasnt very clear about what you were talking about. Alot of guess work was done, from my POV, i thought you were just talking about cpu speed.

yes your QPI speed will be different then the NB speed.

Back