• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Raid Array Member Failed

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Huserx

I purchased a pair of Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3500418AS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s drives through newegg back when I built this system in April of this year.

Which the BIOS & Intel Matrix Storage show as ST3500410AS Firmware cc34 drives. Well one of the two volumes shows up as failed both in the bios and in the Intel matrix software.. I have them set up to backup one another..

So is that it, time for an RMA request through Seagate? Is there anything to be done to fix it or is it just dead..?

Also should I break the array, do I just install the replacement and keep on trucking.. how does one proceed in this scenario?

Thanks

I am assuming you have the pair set up as a Raid1 array (a mirror).

If that is the case, then all you need do is power down the pc... disconnect the faulty drive and rma it.

The pc will carry on using the single drive until you put the (identical) replacement drive in, and then it will simply go "Oh gosh... my buddy is back!... I'd better duplicate myself now then" and it will promptly do so, and all will be well again.

Cheers.

Back