• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Sound issue please help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

fast96se

I just started having this sound issue today. My sound works but i cant hear all of the sound. For example when im playing wow i can hear all the music and the ambient sounds but i cant hear the sounds my own character makes. Another example would be when I play a song I hear the music but i cant hear the lyrics. Or when im browsing the internet i cant here the "click" sound when i click on something, well actually Its very subltle and sounds a little different than usual. I checked the drivers on creatives website and it says the last update for my sound card was in june. I have the creative XFI xtreme gamer. I would also like to note that I didnt install anything on my computer or do anything different. Was just playing WoW last night, turned comp off went to bed. Got up and it started happening. Any advice will help.

Well problem solved, kinda, i guess i should check everything before i start a thread. Turns out my headset is broken, plays about half the sound. Sound card works fine, speakers sound great. But i still need a new headset cuz i mostly use my headset. Anyone reccomend a good headset that isnt made my razer? ( Im never buying razer again) Im looking for something under 100$ thats preferably not usb but oh well if it is.

Back