• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Amd overdrive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

derme

Hi guys ! I'm new to the forum . I want to oc my phenom II 940 . My mobo is m3a78 pro and as you know i can't increase the vcore from there . I 'd like to tell me how can i oc my cpu with amd OverDrive. I tried to do it , i increased the cpu speed , but when i reboot my system the speed was again to 3Ghz!

You say you cannot up the vcore in the bios?
If that is the case than the mobo may not be capable of upping the voltage. Overdrive prog might work but i doubt it, if it was possible youd be able to do it in the bios!

Isnt that a reg enthusiast board tho? most mobos lately can adjust vcore in the bios, odd.

Typed using logi dinovo mini from 20ft away from the pc :) this thing is cool!!

:welcome: to OCF!

According to the on-line motherboard manual the M3A78-Pro has vCore settings in BIOS labeled "Processor voltage" under the "Advanced Menu / Jumper Free Configuration". Goto http://support.asus.com/ then choose download.

When the computer boots/reboots the BIOS settings are read from the CMOS. Settings made using AOD are not recorded on the CMOS so any changes you made in AOD are reset at that time ...

Back