• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bliss 7800gs cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

poxon

Registered
Hi guys. I'm new here. I had a question if someone could please help me. I have problems with my stock cooler for bliss 7800gs. Can someone tell me what can i do about this. I see there are no aftermarket coolers for this vga(or am i wrong?). Any how to for some moding?
Thanks in advance!

Well for starters it has a cooler like 6800gs has,with passive cooling on memory chips. Came that way in the box... :/ They told me series was like that,and it is fine,well it worked fine till recently. When im running some more recent games,temperature can go to 100+,when warning pops or pc restarts... To be honest,was only decent agp card i could find at that time.... And i cleaned everything couple of times,placed fresh paste ofc,then it was working rly good,but 2day i cleaned it again,didnt do any better,and i was like f... this. So if some1 can give me some advice i would be very thankful!

You might try removing the stock heatsink off the gpu and cleaning it off (don't remove any thick pads for the ram though) and reapplying some quality tim such as AS5 or MX2. The stock tim application might have dried out and is acting more as an insulator than heat conductor.

+1 for above

That's about the only thing that i can think of besides maybe one of the screws that holds the GPU cooler on coming off.

You can also look into the Arctic Cooling Accelero series of coolers and see if there is one that will fit your card as well. It is a passive type cooler, which means it works well without a fan, but you can also put a fan on it for better performance. It is a proven performer for bang for buck GPU cooling, and has gotten rave reviews everywhere I have looked.

Well i was thinking bout it,but what about hsi chip,it is under the gpu (closer to pins)? oO

To the best of my knowledge (haven't actually worked with a 7800), the only chips on the card that need to be cooled are the GPU, VRAM, and the mosfets. I could be wrong about this, since I haven't worked with this particular card. Is there any way that you could post up a pic of this chip that you are speaking of?

I've seen a good few AGP cards that had an HSI chip and all either have their own heatsink or share the GPU heatsink. This chip does indeed require cooling and I would also change the TIM on the HSI.

I've seen a good few AGP cards that had an HSI chip and all either have their own heatsink or share the GPU heatsink. This chip does indeed require cooling and I would also change the TIM on the HSI.

Yes,they share it. Well i did change it. But is it possible to get new cooling for both gpu and hsi? Btw will post a picture a bit later.

Back