• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What a pig!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

freeagent

This is by far the heaviest CPU Ive ever had!! :D

The quality of the pic is terrible, you know how it is, youve seen one youve seen em all.. But not on a Great Dane you havent! :D

Anyways.. I'll get it built sometime soon :cool:

Looks like a 1366 CPU. I'm guessing it's an I7 since I9 is not out and all other smaller numbers are for 1156 only.

You should look at Pentium Pro CPU. Not common as it was mainly used in business but that is a huge CPU. Look at the picture of the motherboard below, one socket is right next to the parallel port on the rear. Can you guess what size? I'm sure the socket 1366 can fit inside the space of socket 8

Attachments

• pr440fx.jpg
    pr440fx.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 130
Yeah, P Pro CPU is big, but if the definition of CPU is a physical unit that can be separated from the mobo, then look here, LGA775 vs PIII Xeon. :D

21joi0z.jpg

Looks like a 1366 CPU. I'm guessing it's an I7 since I9 is not out and all other smaller numbers are for 1156 only.

You should look at Pentium Pro CPU. Not common as it was mainly used in business but that is a huge CPU. Look at the picture of the motherboard below, one socket is right next to the parallel port on the rear. Can you guess what size? I'm sure the socket 1366 can fit inside the space of socket 8

Yup, its an i7 :) I had just pulled it out of the package when I was struck by how ginormous it was lol. It does look like it can squeeze into the space of that socket 8 board. Looking at the scale of the dimm slot vs the cpu socket.. wow!

Yeah, P Pro CPU is big, but if the definition of CPU is a physical unit that can be separated from the mobo, then look here, LGA775 vs PIII Xeon. :D

21joi0z.jpg

Cpus have definately come along way, thats for sure. thats pretty cool, I dont recall seeing a p3 xeon before, thanks!

Back