• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BorderLands

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Woodzy

When i try to connect with a friend on the game we both get unable to connect with host i read up on the internet something about we both need to up ports or something along those lines?

Whoever is hosting the game needs to have a few ports forwarded. I host games on a regular basis and have 7777, 28900, 28910, and 27900 forwarded on my router to my gaming PC.

port forwarding is free, assuming you have a router. If not, then you shouldn't be having that issue.
that website is also free, if that's what you're talking about.

quick Edit: just noticed the ad for the PFTool, if that's the subject of your question, ignore that, it's a way to get people to pay for something they can do for free.

I completed everything it said, i host a game goes into lobby yet still my friends cant join :temper:

It's simple (and STUPID):

Start a PUBLIC game... invite your friend. They should be able to join.

Then start a PRIVATE game. Should work fine

'Least that's what ratbuddy and I had to do.

(Gamespy SUCKS.)

From looking on the Internet, the following ports need to be opened:

7777 (TCP/UDP)
28900 (TCP)
27900 (UDP)
28910 (TCP)
28902 - Some people seem to need this port opened as well....but some others don't.

As "Rainless" mentions, it's pretty straightforward setting up a game for your friends and the greater majority of the time, it works using the "in game" prompts. But on occasion, if ports specific ports are not open, your system will not accept a incoming connection from other players.

yeah i did all my ports. i can host games now but i still cant get into them lol

Back