• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how would this xeon fold?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
No faster than a OC'd i7 @ 3.8. Reports on the link below indicate frame times of 31:13, the same as the i7@ 3.8.

Edit:
Check this thread for various hardware configs performance on the -bigadv WUs.

http://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=10733

You damn near have to read the whole 18 pages to garner information because frame times are all over the place. Different kernels produce different results, some reports are from people with gpus running and stealing cycles. For instance reports on the 5540, like PMSfishy is running vary from 23 minutes/frame to 32 minutes/frame. Fishy is seeing 29:50 without HT, but in a VM. What's the real number for a native Linux rig using HT? We're kin of left to guess which numbers are right.

Last edited:
Interesting stats!, thanks for the link.
I have a friend who has two of these for his home file server, so I figured it would be a good chance to use some idle cpu cycles.
Ill have to do some more reading on how to set it all up optimally.
Thanks

My i7 920 @ 3.8ghz gets around a 32:30-33:30 frame time.
But I have a GTX285 folding as well. Not sure how much that is increasing the frame time. Maybe a minute or so.

Back