• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ugly tim stuff on my vid card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PeterGarcia30

soo i just popped open my video card and i replaced all the ugly sticker like tim and replaced with with some mx-2 I had lying around my temps dropped close to 20c just wondering if mx2 is fine for this job or if some other type of tim is better suited?

high quality ceramic tim like you have is the best stuff.

other tim`s like artcic silver can carry small amounts of capacitence, so if you smear it all over your ram chips or something you can cause a failure.

sounds like its paid off anyhow nearly 20`c :)

yeah def did pay pay off my max load temp hoovers at 68 69 right now when it use to be close to 87c so Im much happier now i was just asking because i did'nt know if reg cpu tim is applied to the video card or something else im not aware of but yeah the stuff that they put at the factory is horrible is so much glob and mess its scary

the factory stuff just cheap and cheerful I think... tim`s all for the same job.

I changed the tim straight off on my last card... my clocks fail 27`c sooner than your old temp.

Back