• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New HTPC Build video quality issues 5750

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ahbroody

Specs
XP 2002 SP3 non media center
Asus P5B dlx with E6400
2 gigs of Ram
ATI XFX 5750
Power Supply is Thermaltake 700W
Display Samsung Plasma HDTV HPS42 model

I think by searching I found a potential solution, but I have no clue so figured I would ask before buying anything else. Basically not gaming anymore and canablized my rig to make a HTPC for the kids and wife. My issue is video play back is balls. Its pixelated to some extent during movement. This is my first HTPC build. I went out and bought this card because my 8800gts 640mb didnt have hdmi out. Also I used a small case and needed a short card due to the case layout. I figured this thing would play awesome but I failed. It plays the same whether its a burned movie from the hard drive or right off the DVD player on the comp. Its sad when the 25.00 dvd player looks better then this thing. :bang head

This post by A-dub says that the card needs PowerDVD Ultra?
http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6296933&postcount=8

Will this hopefully fix my issue or is that just in reference to the bluray audio?

Any help appreciated.

Well I was using windows media player, but now that you ask I am guessing thats probablly not the best idea. As for Codecs....... errrrr uh not sure I downloaded some, but not really sure which ones. Is there a place I can go to just get them all?
What player are you guys recommending? I intend to get a LG Blueray drive next month after payday.

Okay I dont know what I did wrong, but now I get sound but only a white screen . No video at all. Downloaded and installed the above itmes.

Back