• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ran into some IRQ conflicts on my Asus Maximus III Formula.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Brutal-Force

So I remember back in the day you had to configure your IRQs for stuff like printers, mice and keyboards so you didn't get conflicts. For quite sometime Windows/Motherboard has taken care of the IRQs to the point that I thought it was gone.

Today I tried to install my TV Tuner and got IRQ conflicts and Blue Screens. I have a GTX 260 in PCIex16_1 and 2 and tried to put the TV Tuner in PCIex16_3.
I have the X-Fi Sound Card in PCIex1_1. The Video Cards cover up PCIex1_2 and a PCI Slot. That left one PCI slot open and one PCIex16_3 open. When I installed into the 3rd PCIex16 slot (the only one left open) it causes IRQ conflicts. Anyone have experience? Do I just need to try assigning different IRQs? any help?

that is a strange one, I have not had to configure IRQ's for some time now

I have all my PCI slots loaded and and have no issues but I do only run a single card, if you remove the tuner card the problem goes away?
I have 2 old 6600GTs I can load up and try to duplicate the problem

Back