• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

how 'bout this system?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rpckvv

hey y'all...im new to the h2o cooling scene...im gonna get a completely new system and am wondering how this sounds...

Addtronics 7896a from www.coolcases.com (~485 CFM in/out)
Swiftech MCW462
D-Tek Customs Cooler Core Combo (w/ shroud)
Eheim 1048 (or 1250, i dunno)

questions: do i need a water reservoir?
do i need anything else, for that matter?
do i need to replace the water every once in a while/how often?
is there a better radiator that i can get?

btw, here is the rest of the system that i'm gonna get...

Addtronics 7896a (485 CFM) w/ Enermax 465W PS
AMD Athlon 1900+
Abit KG7
1GB PC-2100 DDR-RAM
Western Digital 80.0gb 7200rpm HDD
Creative Encore 12x DVD-ROM w/ DXr3 Decoder Card
Gainward GeForce3 Ti500
Creative Labs Sound Blaster Audigy Platinum
Cornerstone 19" Monitor
etc etc etc

-peter

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I can remember that pump is a inline pump so no you don't need a pump. Yes there are better radiators. It`s kinda like computer parts tho when you think you have the best a week alter a new one comes out. Change the water about every 6 months and use distilled water.

Klownin79 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I can remember that pump is a inline pump so no you don't need a pump. Yes there are better radiators. It`s kinda like computer parts tho when you think you have the best a week alter a new one comes out. Change the water about every 6 months and use distilled water.

infact the cooler core is a heater core that perfomes very well. i would say the weakest part is th block

rpckvv: also get some water wetter as it controls bacteria and improves perfomance

you will alos need some hose (silicon is better) and a T bit so you can fill up the system.

Back