• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Motherboard Power LED header Question - HELP!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TransX

I'm not sure what section to ask - so i'm asking here.
Please help!!

Im wandering how many LED can i connect to a single motherboard power LED header? Without burning motherboard.

I know that its designed for a single power LED - however tried to connect my LED mod with aprox 10 LED and it works fine - all are connected in paralel circuit into one single Power LED header from mobo.

Well it works but i wanna know if this won't burn any mobo components on the long run.....

Apreciate any help!!

nah, even if you are using 1 W LEDs, which are expensive, total power consumption would be... 10 W. That's almost nothing. Just make sure you don't go over the total combined wattage for your power supply between the LEDs, CPU, and graphics card.

thanx for help....

I'm using regular - cheap LEDs.Nothing fancy - i have no idea how much wattage they drag out but they are i guess 2-3 Volts each.Regular 3mm LEDs.

Back