• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gigabyte B450 Boot Issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

hafaphoto

Just put this together, trying to use the onboard DVI to install windows. I get a red LED on the mobo, indicating a VGA issue. I am trying to use the onboard, no card installed. Any ideas on what to check? Their website was abysmal for help. I am using my second monitor on the problem computer, so I know the cable and monitor work.

Bone stock, can't get any video to attempt an overclock. :)

Was a member here years ago, could not remember my password. Can't remember if I was Fred_G or hafaphoto here.

Any help greatly appreciated.

B450 Elite Rev 1
2x8 Gb Geil Ram
Samsung EVO SSd drive
Some type of SATA optical drive.
Nothing else connected. Both motherboard power plugs are plugged in.

What processor are you using? If I had to guess, it isnt an APU (the only AMD processor with an integrated GPU). That port will not work without an APU.

What processor are you using? If I had to guess, it isnt an APU (the only AMD processor with an integrated GPU). That port will not work without an APU.

You would be correct. Discreet video card required... New one on me. Thanks a lot for the fast answer. Will have to dig up a video card at work. I did not read all the fine print when specing this one out! Dang details... :)

My own fault. I take back half of my curse words at the computer gods. Just was driving me crazy trying to do anything without a POST on the screen. Live and learn.

We've all done it. I forgot to connect the front panel connectors on a new build one time and spent an hour messing around trying to figure out 'what was wrong'. I have seen the enemy and he is me.

Quick update, bought an inexpensive GPU at Best Buy, Win 10 is up and running. Building this one for my Dad, I am due an upgrade next year. Will make sure I get all the specs right then!

Thanks again for the help.

Back