• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8KHA+ IRQ settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Genoide

Guys I'am having a problem getting my Firewire IDE hard drive to be correctly working... I'am on win2k and on the logon boot screen where the win2k logo appears well it loads upp all of my hard drives and cofing and stuff and when it is scaning my firewire hard drive a red light on one of the leds starts blinking (this is totally normal i'am just explaning how the firewire hard drive works before I installed this new mobo) Well the firewire card is properly connected and all and I read somewhere to set my nic card to pci slot 4 irq set to 9, sound card set on pci 3 and the irq is set to 5, now pci slot 2 is independent from others that is where u can put SCSI or IDE RAID Card: Irq set to 10, now I got my onboard sound and game port (s) disable so they arent using neither irq 10 or 5.

The thing is that it might be that irq 10 is being used by something else....

I have my hard drive connected, on PCI slot 2 IRQ set to 10, somehow is seems like windows ain't recognising the hard drive?how culd i check to see which IRQ's are being used, and which aren't?
I'am able to log onto win2k with it connected, but I'am not able to get it to be recognised by windows...

Best IRQ settings on Epox 8kha+, I noticed how when i set my Firewire card on pci slot 2 and set its irq to 10 I noticed how my video card wouldn't work, and just the comp would boot up and **** and my external hard drive would start working... Now all I want to know is how to best identify and IRQ conflict and easily giving it a solution. Like for instance I want to be able to tell which IRQ I can share and which ones I can't.

Just curious since I have tried various things... As you all may know the epox has onboard audio which in my case is disabled plus it has onboard game ports... now these game ports, audio ports or what ever had an irq of 10, now I have this disabled as well as the onboard sound, now I have all USB ports enabled since I have a USB mouse and sound card that utilizes one of my USB ports... I also have Keyboard USB and Onboard mouse usb support enabled.. now is this my problem? I seriously don't want to have to shut down my comp thru the PSU, it only happens when I have both Firewire and Graphic card connect one on VGA and the other on PCI slot two as mentioned above, shutting down via PSU isn't a good thing to do... Any suggestions are alway welcomed

best setting for an 8kha+
agp=vid card irq 11
pci 2=scsi irq 10 <--- u kud put ur firewire here.
pci 3 and 5= soundcard (both slots sharing irq 5)
pci 4 and 6=nic and modem (both sharing irq 9 plus USB if u have it enabled)

have erverything on board disabled: usb, game ports, sound.

Back