• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

counter-strike models look weird with radeon 8500

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JoeCrappa

i just got a radeon 8500 (for $110). and the guns in my counter-strike are weird. my glock looks all inflated and other guns look like they were melted or something.

does anyone know what's wrong? are there patches or something that i can install. my friend said that he had the same problem with his 7500 but i can't get in contact with him right now.

suggestions? solutions?

truform rocks eh? That's a "feature" of the 8500, which, in my opinion, is an exceptionally poorly implemented technology. Unfortunately, I don't remember how to turn it off.

Set to best quality? you mean in the video card settings or in counter-strike settings. i can do it under display settings but i don't quite get what you're talking about settings "in counter-strike".

How do i set CS to be best quality?

i found out how to turn off truform....anandtech did an FAQ here . Thanks truck chase!

I found that in sound options I enabled A3D and EAX and it worked better graphics wise and sound wise.

Then in Video make sure your using a display that will give you the full potential as CS worked bad for me at 640x800 since the refresh rate was horrible thus FPS was horrible.

Yodums

Back