• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Samsung 24-26in to buy?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

techiemon

Hi guys, it appears Samsung has so many monitors now I even cannot really tell the difference between them. I really am confused on which one to buy...

Here is my consideration. Top price I am willing to pay is around $350, though I would like to keep it under $300 if possible.

I am using an old motherboard and graphics card, see below, so it has to fit these connections, but also allow for an upgrade which I think the connections will change now if I am not mistaken, so it has to fit all of them.

Also I sometimes use two PCs with a KVM switch, the problem is once I connect the monitor to the switch I of course lose the DVI because the old machine does not have a graphics card for DVI nor does the KVM switch have a mount for the cable.

My old monitor now is a Samsung SincMaster 193P a great monitor, bad support base though as it has slowly sagged over the years and now does not sit up without supports, no dead pixels to date, had it for about 5 years. I just want something bigger (at least a 24 or 25) and with the cable connections on the monitor not on the base mount so that I can take the base off if I want to.

I do not care about the monitor being green or not, I wouldn't mind if it is, but I do not want to sacrifice the quality, speed or functions of it.

Let me know what you all think.

Take a look at the samsung p2370HD, its a 23", but really you wont notice that much difference.. its 1080p, with built in speakers, and a digital tv tuner, there is also the XL2370HD, which is its twin sister, and it is LED, but no built in speakers or wall mount.

My P2370HD has an RGB port, component port, hdmi port, dvi port, vga port, digital audio out port, space for a tv aerial and the 3.5 female jack for your pc audio, as well as a second 3.5 female port for headphones.

I love it, and the only complaint I would have for it, is the stand is non adjustable, however, my desk height fixes this.

PS. This monitor has amazing colours, with a 50000:1 dynamic ratio, it has epic colour.

23 would not be worth it for me. I want a 24 or a 25. If I am going to upgrade I want something bigger. If I had space on my desk I would go for a 30! hahaha. But I think a 24/25 is perfect. I don't want built in speakers either, just more to go wrong with it.

I was looking at one, it was nothing flashy, simple design, acturally industrial design that can rotate and move up and down. But I started wondering if that one would end up with the same problems as the syncmaster I have now, that droops because the monitor is so heavy.

Back