• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help: Screen freezes when I watch HQ Full screen videos online

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kchris

Registered
It works fine when its normal size, but it sometimes freezes when I full screen it after around 30 seconds to 2 minutes. I fully buffer everything before I watch too. It immediately unfreezes when I leave full screen. This happens for videos on Fox, ABC, Megavideo, Hulu, and even the HQ videos on Youtube/Justin TV(though this one is rare).

Its weird because I can watch movies that are in excellent quality from my hard drive and optical drive just fine. But the fact that its online shouldn't matter much considering I fully buffer everything first. Is it a hardware issue? My specs are in my sig. Its obviously an old machine(in comparison to your leet rigs) but it should get the job done for my purposes right?

sorry if this isn't in the right forum.

It works fine when its normal size, but it sometimes freezes when I full screen it after around 30 seconds to 2 minutes. I fully buffer everything before I watch too. It immediately unfreezes when I leave full screen. This happens for videos on Fox, ABC, Megavideo, Hulu, and even the HQ videos on Youtube/Justin TV(though this one is rare).

Its weird because I can watch movies that are in excellent quality from my hard drive and optical drive just fine. But the fact that its online shouldn't matter much considering I fully buffer everything first. Is it a hardware issue? My specs are in my sig. Its obviously an old machine(in comparison to your leet rigs) but it should get the job done for my purposes right?

sorry if this isn't in the right forum.

Try turning off your hardware acceleration within the player.

I built a computer for a guy and he called me about 2 weeks later, after using TeamViewer I finally figured out to disable the acceleration and it cured it right away. I hope this helps.

Try turning off your hardware acceleration within the player.

I built a computer for a guy and he called me about 2 weeks later, after using TeamViewer I finally figured out to disable the acceleration and it cured it right away. I hope this helps.

Thanks for your response. Its a little weird that I'm getting this with so many different sites though(I'd imagine they don't all use the same media player). And I'm not quite sure how to access settings for an online video player in the first place to disable the acceleration. Would you recommend I download that software you mentioned(TeamViewer) and give it a shot? Thank you.

Thanks for your response. Its a little weird that I'm getting this with so many different sites though(I'd imagine they don't all use the same media player). And I'm not quite sure how to access settings for an online video player in the first place to disable the acceleration. Would you recommend I download that software you mentioned(TeamViewer) and give it a shot? Thank you.

if you want you can do that I can take a look around.

PM me your id and pw if you want.

First try right clicking on the window that is playing (youtube, click on the player window and it should pop up with a box, go to settings or preferences and disable the hardware acceleration.)

First try right clicking on the window that is playing (youtube, click on the player window and it should pop up with a box, go to settings or preferences and disable the hardware acceleration.)

WOW, I did that on youtube, and now all my videos for every website that uses adobe media player are working perfectly and better than ever(seriously) with no interruptions. Awesome, thanks a lot! Wish you could give reputation points on this board. I was scared there was something wrong with my hardware too, phew!

WOW, I did that on youtube, and now all my videos for every website that uses adobe media player are working perfectly and better than ever(seriously) with no interruptions. Awesome, thanks a lot! Wish you could give reputation points on this board. I was scared there was something wrong with my hardware too, phew!

You are welcome, glad I could have been of assistance

Back