• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Trojans!!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JoshOohAh

Today I was on a downloading spree and I ran into some trojans. A LOT of trojans! And i slowly noticed that my norton was doing nothing, so in haste i downloaded the nod32 trial and sure enough it diid the trick deleted most if not all of the trojans. However I am left with a dilema. I CAN'T OPEN ANY PROGRAMS! Whenever i try to open anything it says please select the program you would like to open this file with. I have no idea what to do here. Any suggestions would be great:)

We just ran into the same prob in XP...seems to be a virus/trojan. For us, we downloaded "spyware Doctor with antivirus" and after it cleaned up the system and a reboot, it was working as normal.
It found around 152 infections that Norton never noticed.
Norton,McAffee, kaspersky are all over-rated,and are completely useless bloatware in my mind.
So far, the only antivirus prog that has kept me happy is Spyware Doctor with antivirus, although you do have to pay $39.00 U.S. for the antivirus functionality.. it searches for new signatures daily unlike McAffee or Norton...I highly recomend it.

Back