• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cooling an 8200

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Carbur8tr

Registered
Well Ive been ocd for a while and always had some pretty good temps but for some reason one of my cores always reads higher than the others. Ill put up a ss below but is there anything to be worried about, Im using meglahelms and ocz freeze right now. Reapplied it about 3 times with similar results.

weirdtemps.jpg

I don't think it's a big problem. My i3 has one core that's 8C hotter than the other on load and 5C hotter on idle, and I've reseated like 6 times and even lapped my VX. I think some chips just do that...

Yeah, I agree, and I was going nuts trying to fix my 8C difference.

The only way I can think of for there to be a 8-9C difference in a core and it not be the chip is if there is bad contact or an air pocket between the CPU and heatsink in the area right above that particular core. In both our cases we have remounted multiple times. The spread patterns had no gaps in my reseats, and my VX is pretty dang flat now. The only other thing I could try would be lapping my CPU as well.

So, if you remounted multiple times, the only thing left, in my mind, is try lapping. But, when I lapped my VX the temps on all cores dropped my ~2C so I still had a 8C difference.

I doubt it would help much of anything but Ill lapp it and see what happens you never know, might help.

Back