• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 5970 Water Cooled Temps...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sabiancym

Registered
This is my first time every water cooling. I have a 5970 running on it's own loop, with a Black Ice® GTX Gen Two Xtreme 360 RAD, Three 1850rpm Gentle Sythe Typhoon fans on it, and an EK waterblock with EK backplate.

I just got done leak testing and getting everything set up.

My Idle Temps are around 32C. Load temp in OCCT are low 50s.....

I know that's well within normal operating temps, but doing a little searching I'm seeing people with low 20 idles and loads that never go above 40.

What could I be doing wrong? I have my 3 RAD fans on my controller and all 3 are maxxed.

Loop is pump>gpu block> RAD > res pump top

I'm not willing to tear into it and rebuild just for better temps when my temps are fine for gaming and I'm not planning on more than just a slight overclock, but just for my knowledge, what could I do/could've done to decrease temps a bit more?

Thanks

Got a A/C in that room?

Your idle and load temps will be affected not just by the GPU (GPUs in your case) itself, but room temps as well, mainly because your water temp will eventually reach a point of equilibrium with the room temperature.

My 285GTX right now is idling @ 37C, and my current room temp is 70.9F. Under normal gaming, It'll go up around 10 to 14C. Just the other day when temps reached a record high here in NYC (90F), my room temps were about 89F (no a/c), and the GPU was idling around 43C, and reached about 56C during gaming.

I would also think that OCCT can load up the GPUs near 100% the entire test run, unlike many games which may only load up the GPUs 30-60% (depending on the game of course). So your real gaming temps will probably be in the mid to high 40s if your starting around 32C.

Back