• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Understanding O.N.E

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

blinkieleblind

Hi,
I am a complete noob to this overclocking malarky but everyone has to start somewhere...

I have the rig in my sig set up but am having some issues interpreting the bios features on O.N.E. i have read greyskys post on Bit-Tech etc and have sought council elsewhere but some of the language is different. I suppose my first step is to ask what are the important things to consider on an AMI bios attached to a biostar tp45. i understand the basics (i think) but a few things elude me and what are the critical features on O.N.E ......

I have finally managed to boot windows and run p95 stable for roughly 4hrs on a 7 x 450 fsb but the only thing i really changed from no post to this was the mch GTL ref voltage.
All the other volatges are tweaked as well as ram timings inputed and clock gen settings at:

pcie 100
cpu skew 200ps
(G) mch skew 300ps
cpu driving 900mv

voltages:
cpu +0.1000---vcore ~1.26v
ddr +.200
chipset +.200
fsb +.275

the next two voltages are cpu core1 and core2 gtl ref volts and they are set respectively .63*vtt and .67*vtt (untweaked)
the next voltage is the mch gtl ref voltage which I SET TO .64*vtt from auto; changing this setting was the difference between no post and boot? what does it do?? and what do these gtl core 1 blah blah voltages mean? as this seems key to getting somewhere at the moment. i understand that they are percentages of the vtt but i don't understand why changing the mch allowed me to boot.

if anyone knows of a guide to using O.N.E or can give me a hand that would be great. i would love to get to 500fsb but at mo if i can stabilise at 450......happy days!

This is the best guide out there in regards to GTL vREFs...

How to set up GTL Ref Values for 45nm & 65nm
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=202292

... and in order to hit 500MHz x 7, you would probably need along the lines of 1.45 Vcore. You could probably leave MCH GTL Ref Voltage on Auto, including (G)MCH Clock Skew Control and CPU Clock Driving Control. Leave CPU Clock Skew Control set to 200ps, CPU PLL Voltage at 1.5, and both Core1 and Core2 GTL vREFs at 0.63 and 0.67 respectively. Also make sure to set Static tREAD Value (PL: Performance Level) to Auto for the time being, and enable Configure DRAM Timing by SPD. You can check the current DRAM timings, including sub-timings and PL using MemSet...

http://www.tweakers.fr/memset.html

Also the P45 normally doesn't require much in the way of an increase to VTT or vNB when at ~500MHz, so you may want to try dropping both Chipset and FSB Voltages down a notch or two.

Last edited:
Back