• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

q6600 b3 oc settings changed for q6600 go

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

yzfspecvr6

Ok so i had a q6600 b3 chip my settings were as followed down below. I just changed chips to a q6600 go No i didnt buy another chip but my friend that doesnt use the chip said he will change me chips since the go is better for OC. Do i need to change any settings or can i still use the same settings I over clocked with?

Also another question when I remove my heat sink to replace the chips, do i have to clean the thermal paste and add it? or can i just remove the heatsink put the chip in and put the heatsink back in?

JumperFree Configuration Settings
CPU Ratio Settings : 9
FSB Strap North Bridge : 333
FSB Frequency : 333
PCI-E Frequency : 100
DRAM Frequency: 800 MHz
Dram Command Rate: 2T
DRAM Timings:-
CAS# Latency: 4 * 5
RAS# to CAS# Delay: 4 * 5
RAS# Precharge: 4 * 5
RAS# Activate to Precharge: 12 * 15
TWR: Auto
TRFC: Auto
TWTR: Auto
TRRD: Auto
TRTP: Auto
DRAM Static Read Control: Auto
Transaction Booster: Disabled
Cpu Voltage: 1.375
Cpu GTL Voltage reference: Auto
CPU Spread Spectrum: Disabled
PCIE Spread Spectrum: Disabled
CPU Voltage: 1.375
CPU Voltage Reference: Auto
DRAM Voltage: 2.000
Clock Over-charging mode: Auto
Cpu spread spectrum: Disabled
Pcie spread spectrum: Disabled

Advance CPU Settings
CPU Ratio Setting: 9
C1E Suppport: Disabled
Max CPUID Value Limit: Disabled
Vanderpool Technology: Disabled
CPU TM Function: Disabled
Execute Disable Bit: Enabled
Intel® Speedstep™ Tech: Disabled

Last edited:
Ok just put in the q6600 g0 chip temps seem a little better but not much? maybe its the new thermal paste but how come in windows 7 my b3 had a 7.3 rating and my g0 has a 7.1 rating and then also my ram at 800mhz scores 7.3 with my b3 and now its a 7.1 with g0 is that werid or am i tripping or somthing?

You need to start from the beginning not all chips use the same voltag, also you do need to replace the TIM.:burn:

well i used the settings I copied and pasted and it works just fine. what do you mean replace the tim?

TIM= Thermal Interface Material ie Thermal Paste. Everytime you unseat the Heatsink from the cpu, clean both the cpu and heat sink of all thermal paste using pure isopropyl alcohol (I personally use denatured alcohol). Then re-apply paste and reseat.

oh **** balls what happens if you just cleaned the cpu with just a towel with daped water and let it air dry for an hour or so. :(

you get higher temps (possably dagerously high). also you can probably drop the vcore some which will help temps as well.

Back