• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bioshock CRC error...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

rysecake

Registered
Hey guys. I'm having trouble installing the 1st bioshock on my pc. Keep getting a...

CRC error: The file C:\Program Files (x86)\2K
Games\Bioshock\Content\BinkMovies\attractMovie.bik doesn't match the file in
the setup's .cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor.

3 choices of abort, retry, or ignore.

This error comes up for multiple files while installation. Any suggestions or help? Thanks a bunch.

Anyone else have any suggestions or have had this problem in the past? After hours of searching through google I still can't seem to find the solution to this.

Have you tried re-installing the game? Are you running the latest patch?

Try file that it is having problems with may be an intro movie, try adding a -nointro flag to your shortcut to launch the game.

"C:\Program Files\2K Games\BioShock\Builds\Release\Bioshock.exe" -nointro

I did try reinstalling and it still does this. I know the disk is fine because I installed it on my laptop no problem. It's not just this file that is acting up. At least 7+ files does this. Including most of the fsb audio files.

I don't unfortunately. I did try installing grid and warcraft 3 to see if my drive wouldn't read any disks but those worked just fine. I really am stumped here.

I've had certain discs that would work on one drive and not on another, it's rare, but possible. Can you see any scratches or smudges at all on the disc, have you tried cleaning it?

Back