• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

anyone got any crucial lately?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Malakai

due to a bad experience with OCZ, i might just grab a stick of CRUCIAL 256mb ddr. will they do 150@2-2-2? thats what i need them to do, otherwise il get corsair.

The crucial now shipping with 75b chips is supposed to great stuff but thats just what others have told me as I have not purchased any myself.

Now using a board with no memory voltage adjustment might be a bit different so if you want a guarantee then go for the stuff rated 2400 cas 2.

anyone have any experience with these chips?
i need to know kinda quickly, as i sold my present ram in the forum, so i need to order some ASAP.
please, anyone with any info on the crucial???
-Malakai

my crusial pc2100 256mb cas2.5 runs fine at 160mhz fsb and cas 2 BUT i uped the voltage to them so i dont know for sure what they would do at default.... if u want i could give 150mhz@cas2 a try with default voltage to it.... btw mine is a 75a chip

id be eternally grateful if u could
-Malakai
p.s.- i need it to do 2-2-2, so if u can check it that way, id appreciate it, thanks so much!

ok i'll go do that right now and let ya know what happens i'll try 150mhz fsb cas 2-2-2 and default voltage to it :) be back in a lil bit

bob t, is that at 2-2-2, and what is ur command rate? 1or2?
*edit: nevermind, i saw it on sandra. thats some highly underrated ram!

Malakai said:
bob t, is that at 2-2-2, and what is ur command rate? 1or2?
*edit: nevermind, i saw it on sandra. thats some highly underrated ram!

lol yeah i know only thing is i might need to get some new ram soon if i plan on uping my fsb much more because it wont quite do 166fsb even at 1.8v btw if u do get some of this ram note that just because mine did it dosent guarentee yours will... would be nice to see if some other people would reply with some crusial ram just to be sure... come on people. i know i'm not the only person with crusial give this guy some help and let us know if yours will do 150 2-2-2 at default voltage

malakai just noticed in your sig u mensioned u unlocked your 1600+ and i was wondering what u used to do it and was it very hard..... thanx

not a problem. i used rear window defogger repair paint, some scotch tape, and some radio shack thermal grease. i have all of the multipliers 10 and under, and 11 and up. for some reason 10.5(default) doesn't work. i dont need to worry about that with this chip, though. i covered the L2's(or whatever the bridges directly under the L1's are) with scotch tape and covered each of the L1 bridge heads with a strip of scotch tape, 1 for each side. then i filled the pits with the radio shack silicon thermal compound rubbed it in real good, and let it dry for a few minutes. i then removed the tape and 1 at a time covered the sides of the bridges with tape, leaving the 2 bridge heads and the filled pit in between the tape, and painted the bridge. i let each dry 4 like 5 min between bridges, making sute i scratched at each head covered in tape with a needle to ensure a good conection.
this was the 1st time i ever tried something like this, and got it on the 1st try. it wasm't to difficult to do at all, and is definetely worth it:D
pics kinda ghetto, but:

Its crucial 2100, they don't sell 2400 at crucial.
The point is crucial will do 2400 9 out of 10 sticks with close to default voltage (2.5v)
Corsair makes some ok 2400 for the price thou you might be able to get kingmax 2700.

Here is mine at 160 and stable (loops 3dmark2001). With a little more voltage I am sure this would go higher. I agree with the Kingmax from what I have heard.

I don't have any however after searching around at different sites I came up with the following. Ocz 2700 ram would run at very high fsbs but would not run as fast as corsair 2400 or crucial at cas2. This is very strange but I see it over and over. The ram that appears to shine at higher fsbs cas2 is Kingmax. Would not have been my first choice but will own a stick shortly. Apparently it will even out do the Corsair 2700 at cas2.

I love my crucial memory. Mine's at 155fsb right now with default voltage no problem! Let me switch over to my other system though(right now i'm on my intel one).

Back