• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Good or bad cooler?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I've heard good things, but I've also heard that the gains for the price increase are not worth it. Check out the noctua NH-D14, its supposed to be the top dog of aircooling now, given the v10 is tec...just do some research, do soem comparisons. Also, what processor are you using? A serious air cooling solution might be overkill.

I have not heard good things about that cooler.

I would use proven coolers, Prolimatech Megahalems CPU Cooler Rev B or Thermalright TRUE Black 120 Rev.C CPU Cooler:)

+2 for the mega, true or noctua. any of them would be hard to beat and priced way better than the v10.

Don't forget the the Venomous X :D

The V10 is way overpriced for the performance...

idk guys, for a lower end application like this the TEC on the v10 might actually be able to pull subambient temps, the v10, from the reviews i've seen at least, only starts to struggle when it gets up into the higher heatload, i always attributed this to the limited cooling ability of the TEC, which presumably means at the lower end it'd do better (this is all just suppositioning, I don't understand TEC enough to say definitively...i'd be funny if one of the most expensive high end coolers performed best on lower end processors though...)

^^^ IIRC, CoolerMaster released an "upgrade kit" for the V10 to make the TEC perform much better on higher heatloads. Maybe that helps the higher heatload problems.

But in the end, it is more money on an already extremely overpriced cooler. I would definitely stick with the proven.

Back