• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 Internet DNS Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Chris_F

My friend just upgraded his laptop from Vista to Windows 7. Wasn't having any problems with Vista but now hes getting frequent (as in every few minutes) internet outages. It's the DNS as he doesn't get kicked from AIM or games, and it obviously not his browser because it will effect any application. Also, WiFi diag and system log confirm that the DNS is unreachable at these times.

Things I've tried:

1. Setting static DNS addressed under adapter IPv4 settings, used multiple well know DNS servers. Didn't help.

2. Logged into router and set the DNS servers there as well. Didn't help.

3. Disabled Windows DNS cache, didn't help.

I'm pretty sure it's not something mundane like Windows firewall (I see suggestion like that a lot and it's never ever the reason, just an easy suggestion), and he has no AV installed or anything network related. It's a fresh install, so no viruses/spyware, has all it's updates. I'm stumped.

I was having these EXACT same issues and it ended up being chipset drivers were out of date for my mobo. You have a lappy, so tis a bit different.

I'll see if I can find my original link.

EDIT

Found the thread

Last edited:
Back