• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

changed my cpu/nb volts and now nothing

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dave3305

Hello i will appolgize right now if this is the wrong place for this thread.

I need help and seeing i can not get anyone live from Asus i turn to this site as it looks very well laid out.

Here is what happened. I have the M4A78 pro mother board, I was currently
running 6 gb of ram and i wanted to add another 2gb of ram gskill ddr2. so i went into bios to AI tweaker and the defualt setting was 0.800 so i went and upped it to 1.25 i shut down the computer mine im typing this from my wifes.

So I shut down the computer add the other stick to run 8 gb of ram and it wont work i tested and turns out that stick was bad so i log back in and since i can not use the 4th stick i lower the cpu-nb volts to 0.945 i believe i log out and go to turn the computer on and i cant even get the usb ports to light up and mother board wont even make that beep that tells me it is starting up.

I have a green light on the board just nothing after i turn on the computer i do get the front light and all fans turn on but nothing else. Please if your out there please help me.

Thanks Dave.

Reset the CMOS. If there is a jumper you move it over one pin while the power is unplugged, move it back and then power back on. If there is no jumper you remove the battery for 10 minutes (while unplugged) and then put it back in. Check your manual.

Thank you i really appreciate your help i will give it a go.

Thanks again.

Back