• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Batman Arkham asylum video card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

neilpeart

Hi, I want to play this game with all settings in high, including physx with a 1024x768 resolution. What kind of video card should I choose? Thank you

PS: I have a 15" monitor

What does the rest of your system consist of? CPU and PSU specifically.

And unless you are into modding things (its pretty easy really) then your only choice is Nvidia cards. For that res, a GTX460 1GB would run anything just fine. Just make sure your CPU is overclocked for that small resolution/monitior. :)

This seems to be a weird question... am I the only one to think so.

why 1024 X 768? Is your monitor limited to that res?

What video card do you have right now?

Better question is... do you even have the game yet?

Like, if you don't have a video card or the game and all you have is a 1024 x 768 monitor... your basically starting over.

Scrap the monitor for one... if that's its res limit its worth $10.

Just a whole bunch of questions in my mind.

It's hard to take this thread seriously. 1024 x 768 cmon now... lol. What are you doing video card shopping with 1024 x 768 in mind?

Solution = Buy a used Xbox 360 and go buy Batman.... maybe you've spent $250 at that point... about the cost of a GTX 260... which would EASILY run that game.

you right... it's just that building a PC game system to play Batman around a $10 15" crt monitor(just guessing) just makes zero sense to me.

Even if it is a 15" LCD.. ok well that's worth maybe $60.

Either way... your have to admit... it's kinda silly. Game systems are never built around the monitor.

If someone tells me that they are 13 and have no money because no job, and all they have is a 15" monitor someone gave them and they heard that you need a good video card to play Batman at 1024 x 768...

well fact is your not meant to play Batman.

I'm sounding real negative but I don't mean to.

It's just a fact... your not meant to play Batman at this time.

of course I'm assuming he has no job or money... because if someone had a job and money they wouldn't own a 15" monitor right?

Of course my mom owns a 15" monitor and she has lots of money... but she is clueless with computers.

I have to assume that the poster by even being able to post is somewhat computer savy enough to know what's going on here... and must have a job...

This just all makes no sense.

I swear to God I would have given this guy my old 9600 GT which likely would have done the job for him... I sold it for $45 though LOL...

PS I cant wait for the poster to post his computer specs. I'm predicting something now... lol... not telling what it is.

I like this guy though its ok... he obviously needs guidance. I'm just poking a bit of fun. I've posted things on this site where I look like a clueless $*$(... hehe

True.

But that solution seems like, in a different way... recommending a Corvette to a person who says they want a car that does 0-60 in 8 seconds.

SHould this guy not just buy a nice used video card from Ebay or something to go along with his used monitor? Like a used 260 are so common and great cards.

He should save his money... he never knows when he may need some extra dollars to pay us for all our advice and me for my sarcasm.

I'm sorry I forgot my other specifications
PSU: Corsair TX 750W
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3L
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 2,66Ghz (not overclocked atm)
Video Card: XFX Nvidia Geforce G210
Ram: 2GB
Mi monitor is not LCD; It's a Samsung SyncMaster 551v
Windows 7 Ultimate 32bits

"amnios", I am not interested in buying a new monitor for the moment. I will buy a new one soon. In the meantime, I am only concentrated on changing my hardware such as video card, power supply, etc. I have the game and I don't want an xbox 360. I want to play Batman with PHYSX in high settings, didn't you read the topic when I wrote it? I think the xbox 360 doesn't have this technology included. The problem is that my video card is too slow. I am asking for help, not to be critized. I forgot, Batman is just ONE of the games I have and want to play with everything in high settings. I have also. Damnation, Resident Evil 5, Gears of War, and more.

Last edited:
I would upgrade your ram to 4GB and get a gtx460 1GB and you're set otherwise

I will do so, I am going to buy the Kingston Hyperx 4GB DDR2 1066mhz and I want to buy the EVGA Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 Superclocked Edition.

I'm sorry I forgot my other specifications
PSU: Corsair TX 750W
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3L
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9400 2,66Ghz (not overclocked atm)
Video Card. Nvidia Geforce G210
Ram: 2GB
Mi monitor is not LCD; It's a Samsung SyncMaster 551v
Windows 7 Ultimate 32bits

amnios, I am not interested in buying a new monitor for the moment. I will buy a new one soon. In the meantime, I am only concentrated on changing my hardware such as video card, power supply, etc. I have the game and I don't want an xbox 360. I want to play Batman with PHYSX in high settings, didn't you read the topic when I wrote it? I think xbox 360 doesn't have this technology included. The problems is that my video card is too slow. I am asking for help, not to be critized.
Nice reply. Looks like My amnios was pretty far off as far as your rig... Its a decent gaming machine, no doubt and just needs more ram and that 460 1GB we are talking about. :)

I would upgrade your ram to 4GB and get a gtx460 1GB and you're set otherwise
+1

thanks so much earthdog and trap05 for your advise, I will upgrade my video card and memory

thanks for the advise, I will upgrade my RAM and then I'll upgrade my video card.

^chill bro, you're just rippin on this kid..
+1...ya ease up.

BTW....the physX in Batman are a nice touch but you wont be missing anything if you went w/ an ATI card.
ya know...w/ your PSU you could keep that video card and use it as a dedicated PhysX GPU to go w/ your 460...then you will have a really nice gaming rig.

Back