• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED What is Vdrop?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
- vdrop is the difference in BIOS and CPU-Z idle vcore.
- vdroop is the difference in CPU-Z idle vcore and CPU-Z load vcore.

I don't know of anything you can do for vdrop, but some motherboards have "load line calibration" which reduces or completely removes vdroop.

Good summation, MattNo5ss! :thup:

vDrop is usually dealt with by simply adjusting the BIOS vCore by the vDrop amount. For example (extreme), if you set the vCore to 1.45 but only have 1.35v at Windows idle then you can adjust the vCore up to 1.55v in BIOS, which will hopefully put the Windows idle vCore at 1.45v. In my opinion (and I'm a stickler for not going high on the voltage) the adjusted 1.45v is your vCore setting, not the 1.55v you actually set in BIOS. A vDrop of ±0.01v is nothing to worry about ... :)

how to solve it?

Solve vdroop:
Mattno5ss said:
...some motherboards have "load line calibration" which reduces or completely removes vdroop.

Solve vdrop:
QuietIce said:
vDrop is usually dealt with by simply adjusting the BIOS vCore by the vDrop amount.

is it a problem?

Nope.

vdroop is in Intel's design spec, and it's what the CPU is supposed to do.

vdrop seems like just a motherboard inaccuracy. You can always compensate for it like QuietIce mentioned, but I don't think it can be removed completely.

Back