• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Game PC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

zamboanga

Registered
Hi,

my local discount shop offers a game-pc this weekend = 1249 euro (=/+)
Can anyone take a look at it and tell me if its any good ?
It's to play popular games and some internetting.
Thx for your reply.

The information from the leaflet:
•Intel® Core™ i7-870 processor (2,93 GHz, 8 MB Intel® Smart Cache,
Intel® Turbo Boost-technologie en Intel® Hyper-Threading-technologie)
•ATI Radeon™ HD 5870 DirectX® 11 graphic card 1024 MB GDDR5
graphic memory
and 2 x DVI-I, 1 x HDMI (met HDCP-ondersteuning)
• 6 GB DDR3-SDRAM working memory
• hard disk f (S-ATA) of 1000 GB
• Hot Swap-slot for 2 hard disks
• Blu-Ray-station/multi-standaard dvd/cd-brander1 voor DVD-RAM en Dual Layer
• Netwerkcontroller Gigabit LAN (10/100/1000 Mbit/s)
• USB 3.0 for extreme quick data transport
• High metal case with ventilation holes

and the site itself (its in dutch).
http://www.aldi.medion.com/md8888/be_nl/?refPage=aldi
Thx

He didn't ask what the price would be in dollars. Yes it is a good pc, but I'm almost certain you can buy parts for cheaper.

That is a pretty solid gaming machine. For that price though in USD, I could build the same system for half the money.

I am not sure how expensive parts in your country are, so you can't always make a direct comparison. Can you find parts in South Africa to build your own system? If so I would suggest pricing the same parts yourself. If the price difference is large, build your own computer with the help of this community.

That is a pretty solid gaming machine. For that price though in USD, I could build the same system for half the money.

I am not sure how expensive parts in your country are, so you can't always make a direct comparison. Can you find parts in South Africa to build your own system? If so I would suggest pricing the same parts yourself. If the price difference is large, build your own computer with the help of this community.

Your probably right - since I saw read some posts about a game rig
for 780 U$.!! (that's more than half the price..)
I live in Belgium and we don't have a site like newegg. So I dont know, if I have to buy all parts on the net, the shipping costs might be the difference.
On the other hand , I have nill experience in the field.
So I don't know if it's a good idea to built my own pc.
Though my children will love the idea since they only have to spent half of their savings..

Hi,
based on your comment, i checked some prices.
To give you an idea.
If I buy the i7-870 processor as a part, it cost me 289 euro = 403 U$!
So I think building my own pc is not done here..

Almost everything is much more expensive in Europe than in the USA due to higher taxes and other factors. You will. most likely not be able to build a computer for yourself for substantially less than what is advertised.

Almost everything is much more expensive in Europe than in the USA due to higher taxes and other factors. You will. most likely not be able to build a computer for yourself for substantially less than what is advertised.

Thanks. I will probably buy this one on saturday.

Back