• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

A Question of Temps

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

takiwa

I am wondering what my temps are for this o/c, and I'm getting mixed results.
My BIOS reports boot-up/idle temp of 27C
MBM (w/ no compensation) reports boot-up/idle temp of 27C
Sandra reports boot-up/idle temp of 32C

I would normally compensate MBM to coincide with my Sandra readings, but it seems that MBM is on par with my BIOS, so could Sandra be wrong? I do not have any means to record a temp for myself, so I have to really on software. Should I rely on Sandra, or MBM? Which is right (more often than not)?

PS - Sandra does say that compensation was added, but why would it compensate? And how much?

MBM is more accurate. Sisoft Sandra has problem reading temperatures for some reason. MBM gets the temperature straight from the bios thats why you have to choose out the diodes etc.

Yodums

thanks for the info Yodums, I honestly thought Windows was kickin my temps up 5C after loading :rolleyes: Now I know, thanks again :)

well...now I see something that makes me worry. Although Sandra and MBM report 5C difference in the CPU temps, both report the SAME mobo/system temps...this can't be right/normal? Is MBM still the better one to choose?

as yodums said mbm gets info str8 from bios. its best go with those numbers. as for the other temps those are being read with a simlier program report in mbm and sandra. they may be high a bit but accurate also. just keep in mind to get the mbm temps tho on cpu.
as for the accuaracy. mines 2c over in sandra. ive seen it miss report as high as 5c in cpu temps. but i just figure a 2c drop from stated temp is about right and long as it looks safe i dont worry

deathstar13 said:
as yodums said mbm gets info str8 from bios. its best go with those numbers. as for the other temps those are being read with a simlier program report in mbm and sandra. they may be high a bit but accurate also. just keep in mind to get the mbm temps tho on cpu.
as for the accuaracy. mines 2c over in sandra. ive seen it miss report as high as 5c in cpu temps. but i just figure a 2c drop from stated temp is about right and long as it looks safe i dont worry

Ditto!

Sisoft Sandra is more inaccurate in the CPU area and motherboard/case maybe accurate (At least for me).

If you want to be accurate as possible get a probe.

I've been reading a little about the probes, but there is still alot I don't understand. Is there a link to a website or a thread that could explain them better, like where to get them from, how to hook them up, where to place them, etc.? Thanks in advance, guys...

Probes can be bought anywhere online, you can find them at Radio Shack. PM Me your email and I'l give you this Microsoft Word Document made by Hoot explains how to mod it and put it on with pictures.

Back