• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Backup Raid 0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Papajo

Registered
Hi,
I have 2 Intel X-25 SSDs in a Raid 0 setup, I've been using the Acronis backup utility to clone the Raid drives to an external Seagate 1TB USB 3.0 GoFlex drive, now the problem is if I try to recover the Seagate backup to the Raid drives it breaks the backup into 2 partitions on the Intel drives, the Acronis see's the Raid as 2 drives, not 1.

Any idea how I can keep a cloned backup and reinstall it without it breaking it into partitions??
Thanks for any help, Joe

where is the Raid 0 Assembled at ? in the operating system or in a raid devices Bios, prior to loading an operating system?
because an acronis Boot disk, or even a backup software working in the system and connecting to the drives more directally MINUS the system that assembles the 2 Raid0 drives, will not Assemble the drives.

some backup utilities can be configured to work with the drives Different ways, like INT13 or Sector by sector, and all that. so you can configure the software to use the "operating system Calls" to the drive instead of more direct. it can be configured to talk Direct to the drives, or more indirect. I remember with GHOST , and Raid 0 we had to specifically configure aspects of it so it would work with the raid.

if it is Intel assembled then just work off the CD boot disk itself, remembering that if you cant backup and restore OUTSIDE of the operating system, then what good is a backup when the OS is dead?
so backing up outside of the system, is IMO a much safer way to have a backup, when the system is gone, you can still restore.

something like that.

there is one more factor about 2 Partitions, that i do NOT think applies to your OP, and that is Windows 7 and its 200meg partition thing that is tossed on during an install. with the W7 install and that cute restore partition thing, there really is 2 partitions, making cloning one more layer of fun.

If you wish i would quit rattling on with mindless drabble that doesnt apply to your situation, then Provide Much more information about your situation, Cause WE AINT THERE .

need to know your OS, what is the hardware used for the raid, does the raid show up in DOS (for example) what style of aconis backup? D-D cloning P-P cloning File Images? from bood disk or in the system? are the drives used as data drives or system drives?

Last edited:
Back