• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

radeon8500 is follow up of voodoo5 5500?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hellraiser said:
in means by this smoothness crap ATI is trying to sell...
anyone to believe this?

You're funny!!

Do you own an 8500?

Cisco KId

you are real funny hahahaha.........:D

I think hes trying to insult smoothvision and saying the AA on the V5 is better or somthing.
hard to have a comeback to an insult when you dont know what they are talking about in the first place :p

hmmmmmm....

ahhhhhh...

:confused:

Oh wait I see... ummm no nevermind, I still don't follow.

Tab B goes in Slot 8? Or was that Socket A goes in ppga?

i think i do know what i am talking about. lets forget the " i love my radeon" and "i love my voodoo" issue here...
why doesnt ati just say that they mean FSAA? or are they trying to sell FSAA again with a new new like a revolutionery breaktrough invention in computer graphics?

What difference does it make what they call it. Every company's entitled to it's own sales pitch. As long as the card is good that's all that matters to me. I have a hard time believing that the Radeon 8500 and the Voodoo 5 5500 have anything in commen. The V5 was in ok card in it's day but was never fast enough for me even with FSAA turned off. My Radeon 64 DDR wipes the floor with the V5 (Except with FSAA turned on of course). But overall is much better in every aspect. I'm looking forward to getting the Radeon 8500. I should be ordering it by Friday if all goes well.

Hmmm....
I have seen that name somewhere...attitude also reminds me of someone...

Back