• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Newegg Preferred Account?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
it's the devil, stay away....haha

I've had one for atleast 5 years and I love it...but man...it sure adds to the addiction...
I'd make darn sure you pay it off before the "No Interest" for a given purchase expires, as the interest rate is fairly high. That's what I've always done and it works out rather well.

Haha, yeah. Is there anything else I should know about it? Like an upper spending limit or any hidden gaffs? The fine print isn't very confusing, but as I understand it they charge a mandatory $2.00 interest charge once a year. Is that the only related charge they will hit you with so long as you pay everything off?

I agree! (lol)

Got mine @ $2400.00 Limit (12 months later almost maxed it)
Paid off lowered my limit to @ $1800.00 almost maxed need to pay that off soon.

I love it tho, no problems or hiden fees or annual fees.

It's good for the payments. Are there any real benefits beyond that?

Last edited:
Haha, yeah. Is there anything else I should know about it? Like an upper spending limit or any hidden gaffs? The fine print isn't very confusing, but as I understand it they charge a mandatory $2.00 interest charge once a year. Is that the only related charge they will hit you with so long as you pay everything off?

There is a credit limit, which they assign to you based upon your credit score.
I have a friend with a 8,000 limit and one with a 3,000 limit for example.
You won't really know until you apply, but they do seem to be on the generous side...and you can always request an increase/decrease.

SteveLord said:
It's good for the payments. Are there any real benefits beyond that?
You do get free "rush processing", so you save $2.99 an order if you use that.
I want to say they used to send me preferred account promotions...but now I think anyone with a NewEgg account gets them...so not sure about that.

So no, the 0% interest for 6/12 months is the primary benefit.
I normally don't use CC's or lines of credit...but since I shop way to much at Newegg, it's pretty convenient.

Last edited:
I would think that one other benefit would be that you have a Newegg specific credit card that is being used for your online purchases there. That helps limit your online profile with your money. Gotta be wary of the thieves out there trying to get your data.

Funny coincedence that I found this thread. Was just looking into it this morning, but after reading the info on it, I got sort of scared and didnt really see the benifit.

I am still a little confused about 1 thing though.... does the no interest only apply if the balance is over $250, or does the order itself have to be >$250???

Useless. Newegg already charges and processes so quick, you are almost forbidden to change your mind on whatever you order!

Perhaps. They usually sit on my hours for several hours.
He asked what else you get...clearly this would not be a sole reason someone would sign up for this ;)

I am still a little confused about 1 thing though.... does the no interest only apply if the balance is over $250, or does the order itself have to be >$250???

The order has to be over $250.

Should I bother with this if I can Pay In Full every month for whatever I buy with a credit card? I mean a CC gets me Cash Back and stuff...

Should I bother with this if I can Pay In Full every month for whatever I buy with a credit card? I mean a CC gets me Cash Back and stuff...

If you want to build your credit, sure. Sometimes you might want to even pay it off over a couple months even if you are able to pay it all off at once.

If you want to build your credit, sure. Sometimes you might want to even pay it off over a couple months even if you are able to pay it all off at once.

thanks this is what i am looking at it for. So i would get no interest anytime i ordered? or is that a limited time thing? i havent had a chance to read on it im jsut curious

1. Don't come to a website mostly made up of teens and 20 somethings looking for financial advise.

2. They will give you 0% interest on anything over $500 I believe.

thanks this is what i am looking at it for. So i would get no interest anytime i ordered? or is that a limited time thing? i havent had a chance to read on it im jsut curious

Orders > $250 = No Interest 6 months
Orders > $500 = No Interest 12 months

Anytime you order and use your preferred account.
The "breaks" used to be at 500/1000, but they dropped about a year or so ago.

hmm interesting i wasnt aware of such a set up. i have been looking hard core at new ram and mobo and it would be 300+ and more to the credit score is always a plus. i was thinking of paying straight up but mabe not, helps out with the holidays and i'd be able to pay it off with my taxes

Back