• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Logitech MX 518

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zuriel

Registered
So I am curious I am using a default Microsoft 3 button laser mouse with Windows Sensitivity set to max. I like the feel but I want faster...I found after doing this my wrists feel much better and so I saw this mouse up for $44 shipped + $15 rebate at Newegg.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104178&Tpk=Logitech MX 518

I had a few questions though.
1. Logitech dodge rebates? I never bought a item from them that had a rebate...always got it on sale :p
2. Can I set a default sensitivity so I don't have to mess with making profiles on each game?
3. How sensitive can this sucker get? ATM 3 inches on pad = screen to screen on my mouse with max windows sensitivity.
4. How is the size of it? I found a site here - http://pective.com/pic/logitech-mx518 and it looks like a normal sized mouse. I am 6'3 with bear claws so tiny mice wont due at all.
5. How is Logitech support and RMA service?

I want something that will last and not cost a fortune...I don't need bleeding edge or "elite" gamer stuff I just want to further increase my mouse sensitivity and not fiddle with tons of hot keys etc. I use enough of them on my G11 board so don't need any more :)

Thank you very kindly and forgive me if this is the wrong section. I couldn't find a better section for this mouse. If there is a better mouse for the same price or lower that is just as good let me know. I don't need all the buttons however I do like side buttons (to move pages back on firefox :p )

*edit*
oddly enough here is the mouse I currently use :p
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826105185

Last edited:
I can answer a few of those questions.

1) I never include rebates in the price, I just take it as a freebie if I get money back, but sometimes you get it sometimes you don't. Other times it takes a long long long time.

2) You can disable the increase/decrease sensitivity on this mouse. So it is set to one speed.

3) It can get pretty damn sensitive, might be too fast for most users.

4) It's fairly normal size, I'd say height wise its a bit higher than other mice. I'm guessing at 6'3 though it might be a bit on the small side for you. I am 5'10, more thinly built but the mouse fits perfectly for me.

5) Logitech support is super from what I dealt with.

I have been through 2 of these so far and love the mouse, I plan on getting another soon as a backup.

Marshmallow pretty much said it. I'm 5'11, pretty skinny hands. Mouse is perfect for me. I've used MX518 for the last 5 years.

MX518 was the best mouse I ever owned. Mine broke and I switched to a G500. Pretty similiar mouse, but I liked the MX518 slightly more. The aiming on this thing is pretty smooth though. I am a big guy as well at 6'2 and I prefer a large, heavy mouse. Light mice seem to be harder to control and go off easily. You should like the MX518. Logitech as a company is outstanding. I use Logitech keyboard, mice and universal remote ( Harmony series ).

I see thank you for the feedback. I own several Logitech myself G11/speakers/headphones but never hurts to ask.

Thanks again gonna buy it today :)

*edit*
Sweet deal....today 15% off Newegg for mice/keyboards so I got it for $7 less + if rebate goes through = epic price lol. I must say asking questions pays off sometimes :p

Last edited:
Well got the mouse and I must say I like it. Thought about getting a new mousepad but I must say the "best" pads don't seem to last much longer than the $3 mousepads at walmart :p

Thanks again for the help guys.

Back