• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone else really thought this?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Joshcrozer

Registered
Anyone else think Intel might be FF fans?

Nehalem always makes me think of Nibelheim from FF7 lol
and now the new series are being called Son Of Nehalem, might just be im a bit weird lol

I have always found the amd naming scheme quite funny. BULLDOZER and Clawhammer ftw!

Last edited:
It's a city in oregon, among other things:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nehalem
Intel's been naming architectures after cities for a while now, donno why.

This sounds about right. There was the P4 Prescott core (a city in Arizona, among other places), Kentsfield sounds like a city name, Sandy Bridge is a bridge in Singapore, even Northwood seems to fit that naming scheme. There was also Yorkfield, Allendale, and Wolfdale, which also seem to fit that idea.:D

This sounds about right. There was the P4 Prescott core (a city in Arizona, among other places), Kentsfield sounds like a city name, Sandy Bridge is a bridge in Singapore, even Northwood seems to fit that naming scheme. There was also Yorkfield, Allendale, and Wolfdale, which also seem to fit that idea.:D

a little Off Topic BUT! i live in Prescott Arizona :p

Back