• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mounting the EK block

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bhk7594

Here is a picture of how my block was mounted before I took it all apart due to grounding issues with the cpu. I was looking around and it seems the my block is mounted differently because my inlet and outlet are vertical rather then horizontal. Would this cause the grounding problem I am having? Thanks

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 160
I would say no, the oreintation of the mounting should not change anything if your are having grouding issues. Does your mobo tray have a cutout where your backplate is?

The only way i could see your block doing that is if one of your studs were touching the tray and the bracket was touching something on the board that didnt like it.

If you can verify clearence of everything on the block i would look elswhere.

edit:// of course, on WC i would super/duper check for any small leak anywhere.

Been watching this. I'd try and a LOT of work, remove the Mobo and place on a cardboard, go back to basic air, use a cheap GPU, see if it's even a short issue on the mobo and not a case problem. Bad switch, dunno. Start from scratch.

Maybe you got an mobo screw you forgot to take off the backplate etc.

Could be a million things.

Wait, you made a new thread and still haven't fixed the grounding issue? Or am I missing something?

Have you googled your block mounting, does it look any different that the many you can see? Then the direction is fine.

Ok after a long phone call I am RMAing the board seems to be a problem with ram slots on the board (longest build ever. :))

Back