• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RAMS from different manufacturer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

darkj3an

I bought a new ram thinking its ok if its from a different manufacturer.1st is Corsair Value S. - 2GB 1333MHz PC3-10600 DDR3 - 240 pin - 1.5V, and the 2nd one is PNY DDR3, 1333mhz, PC-3-10660. bot are 2gb, 1.5v.

i tried putting it in dimm 1 and dimm2.. should i try 1 and 3? i get blu screen errors. errors that i dont know... when i try each ram alone, it work great! i only get erros when i put them together.... so it means theyre not compatible with each other?? is there a way to correct this? please help and thanks in advance.

maybe i have to buy rams in kits not single? which means the two rams i bought will be waisted? or i have to buy another with exact name, brand, brand number, everything?

My motherboard is MSI 870A-G54
OS window7
and i'm a complete noob about rams.

i been looking through internet about my issue but i couldn't find a conclusive answer... i always use this forum every-time i encountered an error but this time i registered to post my questions.. anyways thanks in advance.

Correct you should buy ONE, tested, matched, certified compatible for your CPU, RAM kit of the total quantity of RAM that you desire to prevent the kinds of problems that you are experiencing.

I bought a new ram thinking its ok if its from a different manufacturer.1st is Corsair Value S. - 2GB 1333MHz PC3-10600 DDR3 - 240 pin - 1.5V, and the 2nd one is PNY DDR3, 1333mhz, PC-3-10660. bot are 2gb, 1.5v.

i tried putting it in dimm 1 and dimm2.. should i try 1 and 3? i get blu screen errors. errors that i dont know... when i try each ram alone, it work great! i only get erros when i put them together.... so it means theyre not compatible with each other?? is there a way to correct this? please help and thanks in advance.

maybe i have to buy rams in kits not single? which means the two rams i bought will be waisted? or i have to buy another with exact name, brand, brand number, everything?

My motherboard is MSI 870A-G54
OS window7
and i'm a complete noob about rams.

i been looking through internet about my issue but i couldn't find a conclusive answer... i always use this forum every-time i encountered an error but this time i registered to post my questions.. anyways thanks in advance.

Dark,

The guys here are right, don't mix them, even if from the same manufacturer, because voltage and timings may be different and it can be a nightmare to sort out.

Bite the bullet and return your new RAMs if you can and buy the 2-kit pair in the size you want, you can always sell your old RAMs here when you obtain access to the Classifieds (after 100 meaninful posts).

Back