• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need a fan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Wicked Klown

Hard *** Southern Boy Senior
Ok I found out why my video card kept locking up. The fan was dead. I had the Blorb on it but it only lasted about a month and a half. whats a good fan for a video card that will last.

The crystal orbs seem to perform really well, but I can't comment much on their long term reliability. But, there is so much talk about how much better built they are than the blorbs...I'd guess they'll last longer too.

Also, titan has a copper orb for gpu/chipset, which performs pretty well, but again, unsure of its reliability.

Just pay attnetion to the fan specs, look for MTBF ratings that should give you an idea of their average expected lifespan.

Mike

1U server CPU heatsink/fans are very effective for cooling GPUs and are very small. They'll only take up 1 PCI slot, just like your Blorb, and are significantly mroe effective.

Back