• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Buying a laptop. Not sure what to get. [Budget: $600]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xStrike

Registered
I've been looking to get a laptop here soon. Not a gaming one seeing that my Desktop PC is a high end gaming pc. I just need a simple but good/fast everyday use laptop. I'm not very good in the laptop criteria as I am in the Desktop criteria seeing that I built my desktop so if you guys could help me out, that would be great.

My budget is $600 but if you could list some from $400-$600 range that would be nice. For example, Best choice, second best choice, third, etc. so that I have a selection.

Thanks

First, :welcome:
Second, it would be beneficial to you and all of us if we knew a little bit more about what you need to accomplish on the laptop. Do you need a large screen? Do you need a full keyboard with num pad? Does it need to have certain connection options(firewire, HDMI out, etc)? Will it be used for any processor intensive programs(PhotoShop, video editing, etc)?
Give us a little background info on what you NEED and what you NEED to be able to do, and we can definitely give you some good suggestions. :cool:

Well seeing that my Desktop is for the high end stuff. I don't really need a whole bunch of stuff. A 15.6"+ screen would do. Full keyboard would be nice. Basically looking for a simple laptop that can play HD video's fine. It would be used for the internet, HD movies/videos, school work (Word), simple everyday stuff. The HDD can be anything from 320GB or 500GB or if there is one that is larger that is in my $600 budget. I'm also looking for a minimum of 4gb of ram just because that's my own personal minimum.

My suggestion would be to make a purchace when the Sandy Bridge laptops are in the market. You may find a great laptop at a low price or the current Core i Laptops will drop in price. It is a win-win either way. Hold off for a month or so.

Back